Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Marie Antoinette-Selfish for the Most Important Things

Clothing! Jewelry! Champagne! I don't know about you, but who wouldn't love that lifestyle!? Throughout her reign Marie Antoinette was known as the fashion icon of the 18th century and Marie Antoinette staring Kirsten Dunst shows how extravagant her life was. To bad that the French couldn't forgive her. The movie's Costume director was Milena Canonero and she had over 65 costumes made for the movie and that's just for Ms. Antoinette! Every costume is made with such elegance and simplicity, it's absolutely perfect! I believe that the costumes in this movie capture the youth and beauty that Marie Antoinette was known for and still held a sense of power and refinery. It's hard to choose one specific piece that's my favorite but if I had to choose just one...it's just not possible!! No wonder these costumes won an Oscar!!

**I found a site on Marie Antoinette and 18th Century Clothing that I fell in love with, it's called Antoinette's Closet and I loved it! You can also check out the Marie Antoinette article in Costumer's Guide.**

No comments:

Post a Comment